A Charity Fund-Raising Adventure

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Thanks Again !



Due to work commitments, and then playing Taxi to my children once again, I’ve not been able to do much over this last week. Apart from sending off begging emails at regular intervals. Unfortunately most of which have fallen on deaf ears, particularly those to the major Oil Companies. Some of these guys really do need to listen to the words of tracks such as ‘A thousand trees’ by The Stereophonics. I have to admit I haven’t listened to it for a while, then heard it on the Chris Moyles Show on Friday during his Golden Hour and it’s been on my MP3 player ever since. In fact listening to the track as I write. I’m even thinking of sending Chris Moyles a quick email to thank him for his show getting me think of this track again.

What it means to me in this context is quite simple something so small as a match or a very small donation can have such huge impact.

OKAY enough of the deep stuff.

Thanks once again to Andrew Stevens of CNet Training, not just for the initial sponsorship, or even the great plug at the BICSI pub club meeting, which lead to additional donations from the two guys from ERICO, but the invitation to the Cinnamon Club in Westminster, London, WOW what a meal!, that plug is for free.

As I mentioned, the latest batch of begging letters has had mixed results. A large number of ‘knock backs’ with various reasons most saying they had committed their funds already. I did receive two offers of help though, one from Scottoiler and the other from Anquet maps. Scottoiler have provided me with a selection of oils and protection spray along with a device called a Crampbuster which acts a little like a cruise control device.



As far as Anquet Maps are concerned they have agreed provide me with a series of Maps at a substantially reduced price, however I am going to have to talk to them in more detail to see. As I finish this chapter off, some further great news has arrived with the news that one of our partners Mobotix have agreed to provide a significant contribution to the cause. They are also planning to provide a digital camera so I can take footage of the ride across the year. Watch out YOUTUBE here we come.




A friend of mine has just come around with his ‘spare’ helmet cam for me to use, but I am loath to mount it on my helmet, I actually fancy mounting it on the front forks, on the rear top box, in fact I am planning to try it in a few place around the bike. I knew when I started this update it was going to be short and sweet, the next few days are going to be busy with both work and heading off to another Acorns Santa Run, So!...

Take care and as Mick says ‘You don’t stop riding when you get old, you stop when you get frozen solid’

No comments: