A Charity Fund-Raising Adventure

Friday 16 January 2009

Finally... Let’s try again

Also the weather is also set to be pretty good, okay it’s going to be wet where I live to start with but it is going to be significantly warmer than it has been so far this year. So it is all systems go for this coming Saturday the 17th of January.





I’ve not been resting on my laurels though, I’ve continued to chase down potential sponsors as well as tinkering with the bike. One of the major challenges is going to be mounting and getting the Mobotix camera working on the bike. I have a few ideas and but getting what is fundamentally a camera designed to be mounted on a building and powered over Ethernet working on a motorbike is going to be an interesting challenge.

On the subject of cameras I will have two others for use on the ride one mounted on the bike handlebars and the other on my helmet.







It is an Oregon Scientific unit that is powered by two AA batteries and uses a SD card to record up to an hour of footage. It’s actually pretty light and I can’t really feel the additional weight on the helmet, the one thing don’t know yet is how the wind resistance will effect it when riding at speed.

One up side of the illness is the fact that it really gave the weight loss an in turn the fitness program a real boost, overall I have now lost over 8kg or 16lb since starting, which in turn has led to approx a couple of inches off the waistline. Part of that is down to no alcohol for the last 2 weeks and I don’t know how long I can keep that up, especially in this industry.

The added benefit of the weight loss is the fact that I can do some light running these days, I’ve had a long term injury on one of my knees, that dates back to when I was playing Rugby but I aggravated it last year playing Cricket and before you laugh I was the leading wicket taker for the club last season, so there! Anyway back to the point I went out for a bit of a run last Sunday morning with my dog and I took my small camera with me, the next picture will so you why, however the best part is when I got back my knee felt fine, so the rest after the cricket season the training in the gym and now the weight loss, has meant my knee while not brand new certainly doesn’t ache the way it used to after exercise.




Until next week when I am hoping to not only get some photos up but also a small video clip.

Take care and as Mick says ‘You don’t stop riding when you get old; you get old when you stop riding!


No comments: