A Charity Fund-Raising Adventure

Sunday 29 March 2009

A Very Special Thank You!!!!

As I was writing the last post of the blog I received a very important phone call from an old friend and contact in the industry. Peter Beckitt has been running a very special event for a number of years, The Pink Elephant Party. It is an event that is run every November in the City of London and brings together all the characters of the structured cabling industry. Thanks to his efforts it has raised tens of thousands of pounds for various charities.

This year there is a special effort to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia as a reflection of Mark Bonner’s efforts in running this year’s London Marathon, however in line with previous years activities, there will be another recipient of funds. I am extremely proud to say that Peter informed me that my efforts would be recognised with, what to me, is a substantial donation. You can find all the details at the following.



Take care and as Mick says ‘You don’t stop riding when you get old, you stop riding to support the PINK ELEPHANTS’

No comments: